Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year-end holidays from December 29th to January 4th. Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave and etc.
Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m＋1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle)
Tokyo (Within 23 wards)
Must reside in Japan
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our Japanese customers.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in the programming language of your choice.
You'll be responsible for:
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications.
- Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life – always go to the root cause! Support the code you write in production.
- Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and commuting allowance (maximum of 150,000 yen.)
- Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system and etc.
- Training Program: We have various training programs for different kinds of needs.
- Probationary Period: In principle, we regard the first 3 months as the probationary period.
- Retirement Age: 60 years old.
- Others: PC and phone are given (based on the company’s regulations)
- Experience in using Java under professional environment, or if you are non-Java user, excellent skills in generalized programming languages, such as Scala, Python and Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming.
- In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
- Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
- Experience in system design, development of web system which handles a massive amount of transactions or requires scalability
- Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
- Experience in microservices